Company: Pernod Ricard UK
Location: Chiswick, London
Operations Apprenticeship Programme
Are you looking for an apprenticeship programme that provides opportunity, real responsibility and recognition for high achievement?
Do you have the drive, desire and determination to succeed at a high level?
Do you have a genuine interest in Operations & Supply Chain and the ambition to kick start your career in a fast paced and dynamic organisation?
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit an apprentice with flair and motivation to join our Operations team, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world class recognisable brands in a highly exciting and fun industry.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the apprenticeship, which focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your apprenticeship and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
Completion of a successful apprenticeship programme, may lead to a permanent offer – Time to impress!
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The PRUK Operations Apprenticeship role provides support across the entire Operations function on a rotation schedule, giving fantastic exposure across different teams and leads to important interactions across the wider business and with our suppliers. The Operations team is central to all that we do in Pernod Ricard UK and it’s essential we get our premium wine and spirits brands to our customers in the most efficient manner possible whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Supply Chain and Demand Planning:
• Assisting to plan and manage the inventory levels of our product range.
• Work with customers’ logistics teams to improve stock availability and sales through planning, forecasting, and replenishment.
• Proactively manage forecast changes in conjunction with our commercial team.
Customer Services and Quality:
• Assist with customer complaints handling and QSE technical queries.
• Work on customer order processing and related customer liaison.
• Supporting with regular POS purchasing and project tendering.
• Inventory management reporting and monitor stock levels and performance with our POS warehouse.
• Ongoing supplier relationship management and supplier performance monitoring/reporting against agreed KPIs.
• Assisting with general business administration and data management tasks within the Operations team.
• Contributing to the Operations team on any ad-hoc projects and key initiatives.
• Providing all-round resource support to the Operations function.
What’s in it for you?
Throughout the apprenticeship you will complete a Supply Chain Leadership Professional Degree Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) at Leeds Trinity University (London Campus) The total duration of the apprenticeship is 48 months.
Supply chain leadership professionals are involved in procuring, producing, moving and delivering a product or service from a supplier (anywhere) to a customer or end-user (anywhere). They have an important role in integrating the functions and processes of customers, distributors, manufacturers, partners, regulators, sub-suppliers and suppliers within and across companies, cities, towns and countries to form an effective and efficient end-to-end supply chain. They are both globally (world-wide) and domestically (UK-wide) capable with an ability to lead effectively, facilitate trade productively and execute a supply chain successfully. To do this, supply chain leadership professionals are effective at working collaboratively with organisations and people and in the use of information and resources.
• Possess 5 GCSEs grade C or above and A-levels or equivalent
• Strong communication skills written and verbal.
• Be IT literate
• Highly motivated
• Organised with good time management
The apprenticeship programme will begin in June 2020 and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £18,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.