Global Travel Retail – Talent and Learning Placement
Are you looking for an undergraduate placement year that provides opportunity, real responsibility and recognition for high achievement?
Do you have the drive, desire and determination to succeed at a high level? Do you have a genuine interest in Talent & Learning and the ambition to kick start your career in a fast paced and dynamic organisation?
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the drinks sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Our key brands in the UK include ABSOLUT vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Malibu rum, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
Pernod Ricard Global Travel Retail sells and promotes Pernod Ricard brands in the exciting and innovative Travel Retail channel (duty free shops, cruise ships, border shops etc) across the world.
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard (the Group) – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of the Group’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK, with 250 employees.
Chivas Brothers Limited has an award-winning portfolio features some of the world’s most revered Scotch whisky brands including Chivas Regal, Ballantine’s, The Glenlivet, and Royal Salute.
We’re looking to recruit a number of undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our bright futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world class recognisable brands in a highly exciting and fun industry.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the placement, which focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your placement and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
A successful placement may lead to a graduate offer – Time to impress!
Talent and Learning Industrial Placement
What’s your role?
The Talent & Learning Centre of Excellence (CoE) is responsible for the design, delivery, and adoption of all talent, learning, and development initiatives for Pernod Ricard UK, GTR, and Chivas Brothers, including non-operational functions in Scotland. The CoE is the home for talent, delivering consistency and efficiencies.
The Talent & Learning Intern will provide support to all Talent & Learning activities including administration, developing Talent & Learning initiatives and processes, internal communication, and training. They will also own and manage small Talent & Learning projects.
The Human Resources department works in partnership with key stakeholders across each function to deliver comprehensive, efficient and professional HR services throughout all business areas including the management of employee relations, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits, organisational effectiveness and Corporate Social Responsibility. The HR team contributes to the business agenda and supports achievement of corporate objectives through the design and execution of the best business practices in all areas of employment, whilst complying with relevant employment legislation.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Provide required administration to ensure training takes place efficiently (e.g. registering people on training courses, ensuring documentation is completed, etc.).
- Compile evaluation and statistic decks where required.
- Support the design and management of Talent & Learning initiatives and processes including Talent & Learning intranet page.
- Provide ideas on how Talent & Learning initiatives and processes can be developed and improved.
- Support the development and management of internal communication.
- Manage incoming talent and learning queries from employees and managers, filtering these to the COE team where appropriate.
- Support the COE Team with ad-hoc initiatives and programmes.
- Own and manage small Talent & Learning projects (e.g. organising Digital Passport training in the UK).
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Psychology, or a related field.
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 12 months
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly personable and able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your approach to work.
- Can work independently and take ownership of challenges and ideas.
- Good collaborator with a pragmatic approach.
- Growth Mindset: Forward thinking, embodying a vision that translates into inspiring strategies. Thrives in a complex and changing world deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver Through Collaboration: Achieves results while balancing rigorous planning and flexible transversal collaboration. Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Consumer Centric: Develops consumer intimacy with a focus of technology to innovate and create more value for the consumer and Pernod Ricard.
- Bold and Agile: Decisive and courageous even in the face of difficult and complex situations and always learns from past experiences. Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said in a respectful way.
- Open and Authentic: Role Models who instil trust, engage teams by giving and receiving feedback and constantly fostering open dialogue.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging in an environment that promotes Pernod Ricard values.
Placements will commence in July 2021 for successful candidates, and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
For further details about Pernod Ricard, please visit http://pernod-ricard.com/