Global Travel Retail – Finance Industrial Placement
Are you looking for an undergraduate placement year that provides opportunity, real responsibility and recognition for high achievement?
Do you have the drive, desire and determination to succeed at a high level? Do you have a genuine interest in Finance and the ambition to kick start your career in a fast-paced and dynamic organisation?
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
We’re looking to recruit a number of undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our bright futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world class recognisable brands in a highly exciting and fun industry.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the placement, which focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your placement and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
A successful placement may lead to a graduate offer – Time to impress
Finance Industrial Placement
What’s your role?
To assist the finance team in providing support to the business covering financial reporting, financial planning, analytical support and financial control.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Producing financial reports to help understand business performance
- Supporting key finance processes, for example forecasting, budgeting and financial year end
- Analytical project work including analysing certain lines of the P&L to identify actionable recommendations
- Communicating daily sales figures back to the business
- Maintaining qualitative processes and implementation
- Take active part in group and local IT projects.
What’s in it for you?
Finance is at the heart of any business and this placement will provide an insight into how a finance department operates and its wider role in an organisation. You’ll build strong skills in excel and financial systems, and will play an important part in helping to deliver the finance agenda for the year. You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a Finance undergraduate degree, or a Business Management undergraduate degree with a strong interest in Finance
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 13 months (to cover the start and end of our financial year, a key time for the Finance team!)
Placements will commence in July 2021 for successful candidates, and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
For further details about Pernod Ricard, please visit http://pernod-ricard.com/