Customer Services Industrial Placement
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – No. 2 in the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide! We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with just under 300 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Our key brands include ABSOLUT vodka, Beefeater, Malfy, Plymouth and Ki No Bi Gins, Jameson Irish Whisk(e)y, The Glenlivet and Chivas Regal Scotch whisk(e)ys, Havana Club and, Malibu rums, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
Our employees are really at the heart of our company, and everything is done to allow them to flourish. We create an environment where you can bring fresh thinking, try something new and show what you can do. We value simple and direct relationships that build trust, support and collaboration. We value diversity of backgrounds, thoughts and opinions. All of this helps us to perform and ‘live’ the extra mile. What you will learn and the bonds you will build with us will help you expand, unleash your potential and open up unexpected opportunities.
We are in this business for the long term and we know that sustainable growth means caring for our communities, consumers, and employees alike. We care about the communities we impact, nurturing our lands and investing in the sustainability of the raw material we use. We care for our consumers, ensuring the quality of our products and encouraging their responsible consumption. We care about our people. Our future growth and performance depend on what we have to offer to each other, which is why we are committed to invest in your development and wellbeing.
What’s your role?
Working as part of the wider Operations function, your role is to provide end to end administration of the ‘order to delivery’ process for a portfolio of Customers across all commercial channels (Grocery, Impulse, Wholesales Cash and Carry and On Premise). To provide reporting, query and ad hoc customer services support to the wider business for any existing or new initiatives
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Developing strong working relationships with key contacts – Demand & Supply Planning, Commercial, Marketing, Credit Control, Pricing, 3PL
- Establish collaborative relationships with your Customers to drive improvements in Customer Service and to support key initiatives
- Process orders within agreed contractual lead times by customer, whilst adhering to Demand Planning, Stock Control and Commercial requirements
- Promptly communicating availability and any issues relating to timeliness or completeness of deliveries
- Ensure that any service failures are recovered promptly and cost effectively, ensuring communication of root cause
- Accurate and timely completion of scheduled reporting and tasks
- Manage relevant Logistics queries in-line with agreed timings
- Manage all claims to ensure appropriate focus and resolution
- Escalation of pricing queries
- File and archive required documents, as per legal obligations
- Identify any potential service improvements with the Customer Services Manager and implement appropriate changes
- Attend key Customer or Commercial meetings as required, providing service level reporting and/or analysis
- Represent PRUK as required at any Customer Events / Forums, ensuring key information is collated and reported back to the Operations Team
What’s in it for you?
You will get a great insight into how Pernod Ricard UK operates, with the chance to work closely with our Commercial, Supply-Chain and Finance teams. This is a busy role within a strong Customer Service focus, however you will have exposure to a wide range of areas within Operations; supply and demand planning processes, inventory and duty management procedures, 3PL warehousing and logistics management, whilst working in a team with a keen focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- We are open to degree subjects, but must have an interest in delivering a high-class customer service
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 12 months
Placements will commence in June 2021 for successful candidates, and will be based in our new West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
For further details about Pernod Ricard, please visit http://pernod-ricard.com/
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.