Customer Marketing Industrial Placement
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – No. 2 in the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide! We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with just under 300 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Our key brands include ABSOLUT vodka, Beefeater, Malfy, Plymouth and Ki No Bi Gins, Jameson Irish Whisk(e)y, The Glenlivet and Chivas Regal Scotch whisk(e)ys, Havana Club and, Malibu rums, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
Our employees are really at the heart of our company, and everything is done to allow them to flourish. We create an environment where you can bring fresh thinking, try something new and show what you can do. We value simple and direct relationships that build trust, support and collaboration. We value diversity of backgrounds, thoughts and opinions. All of this helps us to perform and ‘live’ the extra mile. What you will learn and the bonds you will build with us will help you expand, unleash your potential and open up unexpected opportunities.
We are in this business for the long term and we know that sustainable growth means caring for our communities, consumers, and employees alike. We care about the communities we impact, nurturing our lands and investing in the sustainability of the raw material we use. We care for our consumers, ensuring the quality of our products and encouraging their responsible consumption. We care about our people. Our future growth and performance depend on what we have to offer to each other, which is why we are committed to invest in your development and wellbeing.
What’s your role?
Working in the Customer Marketing team, you will provide support within the Customer Marketing On/Off Trade team, working on both brand and customer activation projects. The Customer Marketeer is a key member of the channel team, contributing to all aspects of channel strategy. They negotiate Customer Marketing activity with customers and facilitate the flow of information between both sales and marketing to ensure brand and commercial objectives are achieved.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Developing channel & customer activity based on shopper & category insights
- Managing projects and channel marketing initiatives
- Working closely with key retailers to see how brands can be more visible in store
- Tailoring promotions, marketing and activations to the retailer’s customer-base
- Creating internal and external sell-in decks and presentations
- Activity proposals & evaluations
- Assisting the management of the customer marketing promotional calendars
- Assisting the management of the customer marketing spend vs. budget
What’s in it for you?
All customer marketing projects have to deliver desirability for the shopper, retailer and brands. This role will enable you to understand key brand, shopper and customer dynamics in this fast moving industry, and contribute to delivering exceptional plans in this important area. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a Business or Marketing related undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 12 months
Placements will commence in June 2021 for successful candidates, and will be based in our new West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
For further details about Pernod Ricard, please visit http://pernod-ricard.com/
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.