Customer Marketing (Field Sales) Industrial Placement
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – No. 2 in the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide! We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with just under 300 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricard’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Our key brands include ABSOLUT vodka, Beefeater, Malfy, Plymouth and Ki No Bi Gins, Jameson Irish Whisk(e)y, The Glenlivet and Chivas Regal Scotch whisk(e)ys, Havana Club and, Malibu rums, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
Our employees are really at the heart of our company, and everything is done to allow them to flourish. We create an environment where you can bring fresh thinking, try something new and show what you can do. We value simple and direct relationships that build trust, support and collaboration. We value diversity of backgrounds, thoughts and opinions. All of this helps us to perform and ‘live’ the extra mile. What you will learn and the bonds you will build with us will help you expand, unleash your potential and open up unexpected opportunities.
We are in this business for the long term and we know that sustainable growth means caring for our communities, consumers, and employees alike. We care about the communities we impact, nurturing our lands and investing in the sustainability of the raw material we use. We care for our consumers, ensuring the quality of our products and encouraging their responsible consumption. We care about our people. Our future growth and performance depend on what we have to offer to each other, which is why we are committed to invest in your development and wellbeing.
What’s your role?
The Customer Marketing – Field Sales team works with the best independent bars, restaurants and nightclubs across the UK (think Tonight Josephine in London, Albert Schloss in Manchester). We make sure that PRUK’s brands have pride of place in venue and bring our brands to life for consumers.
The Customer Marketing Executive Intern role will support the wider team on creating impactful assets and marketing activation plans across the portfolio of brands, build trusting relationships with Commercial and Brand Marketing teams as well as external stakeholders ranging from bar owners & operators to marketing teams to bartenders.
If you’ve ever wondered who gets to decide what goes on the menu in your favourite bar or who comes up with next bestselling cocktail this is the role for you. This is a brilliant opportunity to be part of a fast paced and creative team, as well getting to know the hospitality and nightlife sectors in the UK.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Develop channel & customer activity based on consumer & category insights
- Create internal and external sell-in decks and presentations
- Activity proposals & evaluations
- Own the Customer Marketing plan for a dedicated region
- Assisting the management of the customer marketing activity calendars
- Assisting the management of the customer marketing spend vs. budget
- Provide administrative support to the team with financial processes, presentation support, stock orders
- Attend meetings with Commercial and Brand Marketing functions
- Attend external meetings with key Field Sales Customers
- Seek out and implement adhoc opportunities to strengthen on team processes
- Work collaboratively with the wider team (Experiential Marketing, Consumer Activation and Brand Advocacy) to understand how a true 360 plan is built
What’s in it for you?
All Customer Marketing projects have to be engaging, creative and show off our brands in the best light. This role will allow you to understand key brand, activation and on trade customer dynamics – how on trade outlets put menus and marketing activity together, to delivering a best class experience for consumers visiting bars and restaurants. We’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and curious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a Business, Marketing or Events/Hospitality Management related undergraduate degree
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 12 months
Placements will commence in June 2021 for successful candidates, and will be based in our new West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
For further details about Pernod Ricard, please visit http://pernod-ricard.com/
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.